top of page

Insulation BC

Get up to $11,200
Government Grants

for Insulation

Government Rebates

Insulation rebates and grants are available from the Province of British Columbia and the Government of Canada

Provincial Insulation Rebates
CleanBC Better Homes


Insulation rebates are being offered by the Province of British Columbia, in partnership with BC Hydro and FortisBC.

Rebate amounts depend on the depth of insulation added and the size of area covered. See government website for details.

To understand R-values, see What is an R-Value?


​Minimum R12 new insulation added





Minimum R20 new insulation added


Bonus Eligibility: Every location with a rebate over $500 qualifies as a bonus-eligible upgrade

Basements & Crawlspaces: see Basement & Crawlspace Rebates

For details, see government website​

Provincial Rebates
Ceilings Provincial
Walls Provincial
Floors Provincial

BC Questions

What is an R-Value?

An R-Value is a way to measure insulation. A higher value indicates a better insulation. The value for any specific product will depend on thickness, as well as the type of material.

Are there contractor requirements for insulation?

Yes, for the provincial insulation rebates you will need to use a Home Performance Contractor Network (HPCN) member. You can review the full list here.

How do I know what I'm eligible for?

Use the rebate search tool and Home Eligibility page on the CleanBC website.

What else is available?

You may be eligible for $33,900 in additional rebates through the CleanBC Income Qualified Program. Eligibility depends on household income and size. For details, see the program eligibility table.

What is the $2,000 Bonus Offer?

CleanBC is offering a rebate of $750 to $2,000 for completing three or more rebate-eligible upgrades on your home. There is also a $300 offer for completing 2 upgrades.

The Home Energy Improvement Bonus requires an EnerGuide home evaluation, conducted by a registered energy advisor. Book your evaluation before renovations begin to be eligible.

What is a R-Value?
Federal Grants

Federal Insulation Grants
Greener Homes Grant


The Government of Canada created the Greener Homes Grant to help you pay for insulation renovations. Grant amounts will depend on the depth of insulation, and the percentage of area covered

Wall Insulation

Pro-rated based on minimum of 20% coverage. 

To understand R-values, see What is an R-Value?

Main Wall

  • Add R7.5 - R12 

    • $660 to $3,300

  • Add R13 - R20

    • $760 to $3,800​​​

  • Add R20+

    • $1,000 to $5,000


Basement Wall

  • Add R10 - R22

    • $210 to $1,050

  • Add R23+

    • $300 to $1,500


Crawlspace Wall

May require 100% coverage 

  • Add R10 - R22

    • up to $1,040

  • Add R23+

    • up to $1,300


For details, see government website​

Walls Federal

Ceiling Insulation

Pro-rated based on minimum of 20% coverage. 

To understand R-values, see What is an R-Value?


  • Increase to R50 from R12

    • $360 to $1,800

  • Increase to R50 from R25

    • $120 to $600

  • Increase to R50 from R35

    • $50 to $250


​​​​​​Cathedral Roof

  • Increase to R20 from R12  

    • $120 to $600

  • Increase to R28 from R12  

    • $120 to $600

  • Increase to R28 from R25  

    • $50 to $250


Flat Roof

  • Increase to R20 from R12  

    • ​$120 to $600

  • Increase to R28 from R12  

    • $120 to $600

  • Increase to R28 from R25 

    • $120 to $250


Crawlspace Ceiling

100% coverage required

  • Add R24+  

    • ​$800


For details, see government website​

Ceilings Federal

Floor Insulation

Not prorated.

To understand R-values, see What is an R-Value?

Exposed Floor (air exterior)

100% coverage required

  • Add R20

    • $350


Basement Slab Floor

50% coverage required

  • Add R3.5  

    • $400


For details, see government website​

Floors Federal

Federal Questions

Can I qualify for insulation in multiple locations?

Yes, but the total amount is limited to $5,600. This includes a $600 rebate for the evaluation by your energy advisor.

Can I install the insulation myself?

Yes, you can qualify for the federal grant with insulation you install yourself. You will be compensated for the cost of materials so keep all your receipts.

Are there provincial rebates available?

Yes, to qualify for provincial insulation rebates you will require the insulation to be installed by a registered contractor.

$40,000 Interest-Free
Greener Homes Loan

energy advisor - Canada Greener Homes Loan.png

Interest-free loans of up to $40,000 are available from the Government of Canada to help homeowners pay for the cost of renovations.


The Canada Greener Homes Loan works alongside the Greener Homes Grant program.

With a 10 year, interest-free repayment term, homeowners may opt in to the loan when pursuing retrofits like insulation, heat pumps, solar panels, and more.

Energy advisors play a key part in the delivery of the loan.

Booking an energy evaluation is a requirement to qualify for the loan.

All Rebates
BC & Federal Grants

Tell us about your project.

Book directly over the phone or

submit our online form.

Metro Vancouver - Surrey - Richmond - Burnaby - Langley - Sunshine Coast - Squamish - Whistler BC

bottom of page